cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Glen Cocoa: Cupcake Replacement or Something New??

samanthaaa
Handmade Hero

Glen Cocoa just launched in stores in the States and I tried some of it. It doesn't entirely remind me of Cupcake but I definitely think they are similar enough for Glen Cocoa to replace Cupcake. I would love to now everyone else's opinions! I've only used it once but I look forward to trying it out a bit more until I really come to a conclusion. 

9 Replies 9

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

In my experience, Glen Cocoa is designed for dry skin whereas Cupcake was designed for acne-prone/ hormonal skin.  At least, that's what I was told. 

I didn't feel much hydration (although Cupcake definitely was a little more deeply cleansing) but softening for sure. I haven't had Cupcake in so long that its kind of hard to completely remember the way if felt 

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

It is TOTALLY different imo. Cupcake was my favourite facemask and Glenn Cocoa doesn't even come close, unfortunately. I find it very hard to apply (the facemask has a very thick texture and rubs off easily while applying), and just feels like it's a lesser version of oatifix. It makes my skin feel overly moisturised and it doesn't feel balanced, even tho it has a bunch of balancing ingredients in it. I also HATE the scent, it reminds me of confetti and i think confetti is a mistake πŸ˜‚. Truely don't get why they discontinued Cupcake as it was a staple item for alot of people and was an easy sell to teens. 

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

Honey
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Cupcake was my favourite too and I don’t think Glen Cocoa is a good replacement. I do love the scent of Glen Cocoa and it makes my skin feel nice enough but it’s just not the same as cupcake. Cupcake was so perfectly balanced! The little chips of cocoa butter did an amazing job at moisturising and softening my skin and the peppermint oil made my skin feel all fresh and firm. After using cupcake my skin was mattified but also soft and hydrated. Glen Cocoa just doesn’t live up to the mark imo (although, like I said, the scent is divine). 

It is SO hard to get out of the pot πŸ˜‚ I think the violet and chocolate is a combo I never would've thought of but would've preferred if they had stuck with chocolate and almond butter (more dessert like) since it was inspired by cookies. 

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

In perfumery you can make a chocolate accord with Violet but imo it just doesn't work in this facemasks and leans way more into confetti territory (wich is supposed to have a coffee note wich i also don't get?)

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

daggergirl17
Lushie

I love glen coca, it smells flipping delicious, wish I could eat it, always want a pot in the house, i find it best straight from the fridge and on my face within 15 mins of taking it out the fridge means its still really cool and I just slap it on, I find it leaves my face slightly mattified and clearer afterwards, but don't leave it on too long! never tried cupcake as that was before my time 

Mandy
Bath Submerger

I prefer Glenn Cocoa, it makes my skin really smooth, not overly moisturised but not dry at all, nice and balanced. I love violet creams so the scent is amazing to me 

Tobi7
Lush Team
Lush Team

It's so so different! I can't stand the scent of Glen Cocoa, but it's pretty amazing for my skin. The almond butter hydrates my skin (not as much as Oatifix, so it's like a light layer of hydration) and relaxes the irritation.

Although Cupcake was good selling in my store, I didn't quite feel anything after using it. Some people told me it was good for their pores and hormonal skin, but it was way less effective then Mask of Magnaminty, I'm sorry to say this, but a lot of people only bought it because of the chocolate display.