cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How popular are the shower jellies?

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I hardly ever see anyone talk about the shower jellies or buy them in general. I personally would like to see more of them in different scents. I think I'd like The Big Calm because I'm a sucker for their Coco Loco Shower oil. I would have loved fruit tower but we all know what happened there. Beats was one I wanted to try but didn't and I would have loved to try Crash. 

I was able to snag a Santa's belly this Christmas, as before they were all pulled for reasons I still don't know. 

I feel like they don't get the love they deserve. 

16 Replies 16

MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

I've always been a huge fan of them, but after all these years, I still see so many comments from people saying they find them hard to use. I've never had this issue with them, as i just break a bit off, and squish it into a shower puff.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Me too! I don't have problems using them like that and I feel like they are very good value for money. 

They're exceptionally good value for money, and I've only just finished Bongo which I started ages ago.

FluffyBex
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I do similar to you, and it seems to last forever! I’ve only used whoosh though, from the revised formula range anyway (quite different from those available 15 years ago). I wish there was more of a variety of them! 

robert
Lushie

I’ve always loved them. In fact, they were the very first lush product that I bought (Whoosh, such a classic). I’d like to see more of them but just like @MysticCharmsaid, people don’t really know how to use them. I love to use them in summer when they’re frozen! 

I think the problem has always been that Lush market them on the site (photos, and videos) showing them being used as a whole. I tried that with my very first one, and it was a nightmare trying to use it like that.

penguin89
Bath Submerger

What happened to fruit tower? I missed that bit of information.

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

So for a while, they were teasing a shower jelly called "Fruit tower".  It would be composed of 3 jelly discs with different scents. The top would be red, with a new scent dealing with peaches and apricots. The second layer would be Refresher, a sweet citrus-scented yellow disc. The bottom would be a blue disc, galaxy lip scrub scented, so blue raspberry. 

It was cut into production due to colour bleeding and formulation mishaps. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to it. 

LemonBunny
Ickle Lushie Bot

I never got on with them as a shower gel alternative but really enjoy using them as bubble bath! I find that they make mountains of bubble with a small chunk so super cost effective too. The Jilted Elf has been my favourite so far. Same goes for the Boo! shower slime, although I do find that a bit easier to use in the shower so use that both ways.

vicki3142
Ickle Lushie Bot

Tbh I don’t like them but I know a few that do mine just get left on the side and kids use them 

Jon
Admin
Admin

I am a massive fan of Conga. Such an underrated scent!

I personally like to use the small size whole. If I buy a large size, then I tend to chop it into 4. I find them super foamy and leave the skin really soft.

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Conga is the bomb. Went in-store to pick one up today as a matter of fact. I would love anything in that scent. Makes me nostalgic for Swizzels DrumSticks. 

devilot
Handmade Hero

I'm one of those folks who don't love the shower jellies. I don't want to have to buy a shower pouf/loofah just to use one type of product. I have managed to use the small jelly whole and that was okay. But since I've started taking baths again, I've used some lushie's suggestions of using small bits of shower jelly for bubbles! 

AM1
Handmade Hero

I love the shower jellies. When they came out with a bunch of them at one time the other year I bought all of them. I have them on a shelf in my freezer. I slide it out and use it whole in the bath.  Works awesome.  I love silver bells it goes with so many things. Hopefully they will bring back crash and needles and pines. One in the smell of the orange scrub they just made would be wonderful.