cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask of Mag SP vs Non-SP

LemonBunny
Ickle Lushie Bot

45CEDCE4-3001-416B-9238-5556038C49C0.jpeg

I wanted to better understand the difference between the two versions so a kind manager in store suggested I take a sample of both and do a side by side comparison! This was such a great idea and the other day I used SP on half my face and Non-SP on the other.

It’s hard to tell from the photos but the SP was more wet/sticky and the Non-SP had more of matte clay feel to it. Applications were ever so slightly different but I wouldn’t say one was significantly easier to apply than the other.

I found the scent of the Non-SP version to be much stronger/more minty. It was also more tingly on my skin and dried out more than the SP version so that half of my face felt a bit tighter. With the SP version the mask didn’t totally dry on my face so was slightly more comfortable.

After I removed both masks, my skin looked better on the SP side, while the Non-SP side was marginally dryer and felt a little tighter.

I have have normal skin, with occasional/localised dryness and while I preferred the scent of the Non-SP version, for me I think the more moisturising (more honey) SP version will be the one I purchase.

Perhaps Non-SP would be better for those with oiler skin or great to use to dry out a pimple?

Do you have Mask of Mag preference? Would love to hear other views on the two versions!

1 Accepted Solution

Tobi7
Lush Team
Lush Team

Lush tends to like preserving products with honey, it also has benefits too! Moisturising, antibacterial, helps to recover from any scars or redness. Usually we recommend the SP to sensitive or drier skin, since the honey is very effective on the skin, but if someone has oily skin it might not be a good idea to give it even more moisture (depends on the reason why their skin produces so much sebum). Some people skin is very complicated so they don't know which one would be better for them, in this case we do the same too, we offer one-one samples from each so their skin can decide what they really need! I'm glad you could find yours 🤗

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tobi7
Lush Team
Lush Team

Lush tends to like preserving products with honey, it also has benefits too! Moisturising, antibacterial, helps to recover from any scars or redness. Usually we recommend the SP to sensitive or drier skin, since the honey is very effective on the skin, but if someone has oily skin it might not be a good idea to give it even more moisture (depends on the reason why their skin produces so much sebum). Some people skin is very complicated so they don't know which one would be better for them, in this case we do the same too, we offer one-one samples from each so their skin can decide what they really need! I'm glad you could find yours 🤗

View solution in original post

LemonBunny
Ickle Lushie Bot

It was super helpful to be able to do a side by side. I would have just gone with what my nose preferred otherwise!

Need to do a similar test with Dream Cream now... any advice?  

Sorry for my late reply!

In Dream Cream there is another difference none of them contains honey. The "regular" formula contains two ingredients called Methylparaben and Propylparaben both of them are natural synthetic ingredients, just some skin attends to be very sensitive for them. I would say the SP is a bit more oily, but it observes a lot faster for me. The regular form feels more thick, so it needs more time or drier hands, I would guess. The Mask of Magnaminty is easier in this case to get what fits you the best. In this case there is no other option really, but to try out both too. Don't be shy and ask for a tester for both of them, I'm sure the Lush employees are glad to give you samples from everything. It depends on your skin really, which is the best to apply for you. There is always a hundred of options for every products, so the best you can do is to try it out. 😙 Hope I could help!

Kaleidoscope
Bath Submerger

Thank you so much for posting this! I have always wondered if there is much of a difference between SP and non-SP. I usually buy non-SP and find it can sometimes make my face feel tight, so I will give SP a go next time. 😁

I think I would have selected the non-SP version if I hadn’t tested both simultaneously. SP is definitely the best one for me. 

MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

Thank you for comparing them. Although I've never got on with face masks in the past, I'm going to give a SP one a go soon.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

I've always been confused/concerned about how the masks are on ice in store and say refrigerate on them but you can still order them from the website, they aren't coming in a refrigerated van so how does that work? Anyway the point I'm coming to is because or this I swapped from my tried and true oatifix to magnanimity sp in lockdown in order to guarantee a fresh mask. I've been really happy with it, however I was told in the lush spa to put a serum under all my masks due to my pathetic skin (she phased it more nicely). So I do sleepy face then remove it. Rose argan the magnanimity sp on top. Remove. Followed with eau roma and dream cream sp. It works for me! Good luck experimenting!

That sounds like a lovely routine! I’ve not used much Lush facial skin care but would like to try Sleepy Face. I’ve branched out mask-wise from only really using Beauty Sleep, and recently got Glen Cocoa and Brush Strokes. I think I would repurchase The SP Mask of Mag too. 

AshleyMacD
Lush Team
Lush Team

I definitely prefer the SP version of Mask of Mag.  The original was too strong for my skin.

- - - Join me on Instagram & TikTok! My Fragrance and Beauty account is @myscentoftheday - - -