cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first ever Fresh & Flowers box... (I need this item made permanent NOW!)

Twilight
Bath Submerger

my first ever box, and i'm so impressed! the presentation was gorgeous, it genuinely felt like i had bought something truly artesian. unfortunately i didn't take a pic as my illipe of faith (such a cute pun) roll got all squished and over everything, even the flowers 😒 

first impression: i was honestly expecting the box to be pretty pungent due to the flowers, but these boxes as genuinely insanely fresh; my mum took the flowers and put them in a cup of water (after washing off bits of the roll haha) and they've come back to life and the unopened heads are already starting to bloom!!! they're gorgeous. the box itself is presented so nicely, it's a shame about the roll getting on everything as it's presented in that nice paper you see as lining for those fancy carrier bags from a boutique...

- i haven't opened the showder yet to smell it but it looks very pretty.
- i tested a tiny bit of the roll on the back of my hand and the texture is nice, and a surprisingly subtle scent (i have sensitive skin so this is a big win for me!)
- the eye pads are a super satisfying jelly-type texture, i was honestly expecting something akin to those old dried seaweed type things they had for a very short period of time a year or two ago 😂

- haven't used pink brush strokes yet, but OMG IT SMELLS LIKE APPLE & BLACKCURRANT SQUASH!!!!! it smells SO fruity and delicious!!! i'm going to use this tomorrow night, so i'll update this thread with a progress report!

but now... the main event... the sticky syrup soap. HEAVEN. PURE HEAVEN. LUSH PLEASE MAKE THIS MAIN LINE NOW! again, my expectations were completely wrong - i was expecting something akin to the gourmey soaps (like ro's argan, for example) but it's not at all. it's firm like their regular soaps (NOT one of the softer bases like rhubarb & custard - which coincidentally was my favourite lush soap of all time until it got dethroned today lol) but the texture is NOT the same atttttt allllllllll.

it actually reminds me of the rice exfoliator just the tiniest bit. it makes my hands feel so soft, but not in a moisturizing way as such - more like that soft powdery feeling your face gets after using a good primer. (maybe this soap actually is exfoliating somewhat?) and the SCENT! my goodness, the SCENT! it's bang on sticky toffee pudding. like literally smells exactly like it. it also somewhat reminds me of nana/salted caramel/yog nog. so if you liked any of these scents you'll love this!

#MAKESTICKYSYRUPSOAPMAINLINE

1 Accepted Solution

Nell13
Bathing Master

My box arrived yesterday so I've given myself a pamper afternoon my thoughts:

General

My Illipe was very squished and the soap had transferred onto anything that was near it, would have been better if this had been wrapped.

Showder

I loved this, it was so fun to use and smelled lovely, slightly floral but left my skin smelling like baby powder. The only thing with this was the volume of petals, they're beautiful but I spent almost as long picking them out of the drain as I did in the shower 🙈 maybe a mix of real and rice paper petals/flowers would be better?

Eye pads

So I like the thickness of these ones better as I feel they lay on the eyes better for the cooling effect but - might be controversial - I prefer the smell of the cucumber ones!

Illipe

This was lovely!!! Not as scrubbing as aloe bamboo and has the most gorgeous almond smell.  It was quite squished so I've just popped it in one of the empty face mask tubs.

Pink brush strokes

The smell ❤️ like blackcurrant extreme, delicious!  It's similar to the original brush strokes so wash it off with a flannel or with the scrub.  It left my skin nice and smooth and you still get the glorious smell.

Soap

Now this one isn't for me, it's so so sweet smelling! The texture of the soap is nice and it does leave my hands feeling nice but I won't be picking it up if it goes mainline.  If you like vanilla/ toffee sweet smells you'll love it.

Flowers

I snipped a tiny piece of the stems and popped them in some water and they've perked up perfectly and the freesia smell lovely!

Loving the fresh and flower boxes just can't wait to see what we'll get next month now 😊

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

daggergirl17
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Box came yesterday, as always I was very happy for its arrival, it feels like it's been a very long month since the last one, yay!

So, thoughts...

I really love the cucumber eye pads tbh,rather than these pink ones - theres an argument they don't do much and id like to use them more than once, I LOVE the smell, my friend described them as smelling like a roast dinner once 🤣 but to me they just smell so **bleep** herby and delightful, somewhere between food and fragrance

Pink brush strokes is super nice, used it once and really think it's very pretty and smells dang fine

And I could tell my skin looked freshhhh after 😊

I really like the note, the flowers were much better than in previous boxes, the soap smells blinkin wonderful too, it's not clear however if the soap needs to go in the fridge or??

I was a bit meh about getting another scrub, and it was bashed about, and soggy 😕 so I've used one of my empties to put it in as leaving it in the soaked wrapper it came in was an mess waiting to happen

In fact Ive used up loads of my empties for the fresh and flower products because they're coming in wrappers that aren't sufficient and they look like crap quite quickly ...and seem.to start breaking down 

Only way to avoid this is to use a dish and chop bits off in the kitchen and then take a plate of products up to the bathroom rather than taking the box itself up to bath with as the wrappers go funny with the bathroom moisture

Lastly, why was the soap not in a wrapper? All the other items are, and the soap has greased the packaging, so the paper you read is a bit messy! And it looks nahh

I really like the scents of this box, lots of new smells and very pretty pink box! 

rdelilah
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Aww, I wish I'd signed up for the box now, everything sounds amazing!

dustwitch
Bath Submerger

My Illipe was mangled too, and looked rather unfortunately like a pink turd once it was unwrapped 😂 It smells so good though, the whole box does. Can't wait to use everything! 

daggergirl17
Groovy Kind of Lushie

yep mine looked like that too lol, I didn't enjoy picking the flowers out, I love the flowers, but didn't appreciate the as they were smushed into it, I thought it smelt the same as the aloe bamboo roll, but a weaker scent and more oily in texture and much less gritty than aloe bamboo but very similar to each other 

Nicolaap
Ickle Lushie Bot

Yep my scrub was messy and very wet so I popped it in an empty pot too. Used it this morning and it’s lovely. Has huge chucks of butter in it! I do love this box, so luxurious feeling. 

Nell13
Bathing Master

My box arrived yesterday so I've given myself a pamper afternoon my thoughts:

General

My Illipe was very squished and the soap had transferred onto anything that was near it, would have been better if this had been wrapped.

Showder

I loved this, it was so fun to use and smelled lovely, slightly floral but left my skin smelling like baby powder. The only thing with this was the volume of petals, they're beautiful but I spent almost as long picking them out of the drain as I did in the shower 🙈 maybe a mix of real and rice paper petals/flowers would be better?

Eye pads

So I like the thickness of these ones better as I feel they lay on the eyes better for the cooling effect but - might be controversial - I prefer the smell of the cucumber ones!

Illipe

This was lovely!!! Not as scrubbing as aloe bamboo and has the most gorgeous almond smell.  It was quite squished so I've just popped it in one of the empty face mask tubs.

Pink brush strokes

The smell ❤️ like blackcurrant extreme, delicious!  It's similar to the original brush strokes so wash it off with a flannel or with the scrub.  It left my skin nice and smooth and you still get the glorious smell.

Soap

Now this one isn't for me, it's so so sweet smelling! The texture of the soap is nice and it does leave my hands feeling nice but I won't be picking it up if it goes mainline.  If you like vanilla/ toffee sweet smells you'll love it.

Flowers

I snipped a tiny piece of the stems and popped them in some water and they've perked up perfectly and the freesia smell lovely!

Loving the fresh and flower boxes just can't wait to see what we'll get next month now 😊

View solution in original post

rdelilah
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I'm so jealous of everyone who got this box 😭

If anybody has anything that they won't use, please let me know!

Love the smell of the pink brush strokes my fav the illipse of faith smells gorgeous but yep all smush which was bad as went into Liverpool store and there not wet and mushy and really solid and pretty and the smell is amazing 

image.jpg

this is such a nice breakdown of everything!!!

yeah the showder concerns me with the petals... idk if everyone's was packaged this way but the way mine's been wrapped up it's almost like a separate layer on top of the showder so i think i'm gonna have to take some scissors to it and cut that section out to save me the bother 😅

FluffyBex
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Same with my box, arrived in a bit of a mess, thanks for all the heads up that helped! Had to clean every item. I love the smell of the eye pads! Hated the cucumber ones and had to bin them couldn’t bring myself to use them. Not a fan of the smell of pink brush strokes, it’s like I’ve got cold medicine up my nose or something, but absolutely love the smell of the soap and look! Haven’t used everything yet. Yep the scrub is still a gooey mess even in a container in the fridge! What a shame. Gave my feedback on lush chat pretty quick! It’s gorgeous box and much happier with items and flowers than the previous month. 

daggergirl17
Groovy Kind of Lushie

🤣oh dear if only we lived like opposite sides of a st we could do eyepad swapsies im really into the cucumber ones and meh about the rose ones lol 

Yeah that pink scrub is messy business also I wanted to trade in my empties soon but now I've got like 3 or 4 in the fridge with fandf box stuff in, also have you seen that next month's box has herbalism? I don't think you'll like that one but I heard the soap is cocktail scented thouhh on the plus! 

FluffyBex
Groovy Kind of Lushie

You’re right it would be great and handy to have a fellow Lushie nearby 😀

Can put find some containers for the fresh items and hand in your empties to get new stuff?! That’s what I’ll be doing especially if I’m close to using some stuff up! 

Ohhhhh noooo why did you have to go and say that about soap?!?!  I was thinking I might skip the next F&F box but if it’s only 1 item that’s not so great I’ll probably still go with it! 😀😂

omg, i'm so glad i read this comment! i just took mine out the fridge and thought condensation had got to it as it's being stored at the back and the only container i have for it isn't airtight... it's a shame it looks SO pretty in the photo but i unwrapped it just now and the flower decorations have sunk into it and it's just a big log of glob... yeeeesh that was an ugly sentence to type XD just used some though and it smells amazing! i only used it on my chin as it's the only non-sensitive part of my face and the only place where i have trouble with blackheads anyway, and it's nice and mattifying which is a big bonus for my oily self 😄

penguin89
Bathing Master

I'm not a fan of the soap, its too sticky I like desrty scents like yog nog but I'm not a fan of this. It feels nice on the skin but not something I'd buy again.

I really like the showder. I used half of it today and it left my skin really soft.

I've not tried the scrub or mask yet.

I would like to see the boxes alternate scrubs and cleansers because I find they last longer than a month and I have half my aloe bamboo, the ilipe of faith and my smuggler's soul from the kitchen box left to use.