cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription box complaints

MysticalMog
Bath Submerger

I've noticed every month that roles round there are people complaining about not having a bath to use the bath bombs or having way too many shower gels. So I was thinking......

What if they spilt the subscription box, so you could choose bath or shower. They already have the fresh and flower for face care so a shower subscription and a bath subscription would make it easier to choose the right products for you and reduce waste. I'd personally be totally happy to pay the 40 quid for the box still but some months I could just choose the bath one til my shower gel ran out, then that month get the shower one. 

Thoughts?? 

14 Replies 14

MysticCharm
UltraLushie

I know a few people have suggested this in the Lush Kitchen section, but certainly for the time being it doesn't look like this is going to happen. Who knows, if enough people ask for that then they may very well come out with seperate monthly boxes.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I hope so, it would be a good idea and to help with discourse. 

FluffyBex
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Yes please 😀👍🏻

LushingAlong
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I don’t really see this working. What about new and special items, how will they cater to each box AND keep things fair? There would deffo be major fomo on both sides for things that appear - especially if people have both a bath and a shower.

from what I’ve seen so far they sometimes cater the vote to a more shower/bath based box. I think they should emphasise this more and maybe even suggest - ‘this is gonna be a shower based box, bathers May wanna skip it.’  I don’t see why people remain subscribed to a box that has loads of bath items in the vote if they can’t use them 😕

You make a totally fair point, why do people not skip if the box is to bath heavy if they only have a shower? I'd not thought of that. And don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the boxes at all. I like showers, I like baths, different experiences for different days. I just noticed the complaint kept coming up. 

As for the special/suprise items, in my experience they dont often do bath or shower items for these. I've had solid perfume, body creams, foot creams. So both boxes could have the same?

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Yep. It seems reasonable. I guess some of it could be nostalgia or the fact that they like the scents. I guess it's not unheard of for people to make a bath bomb into a shower gel too. 

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I like the idea of a heads up. 

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I don't think this could really work. Many people (probably majority of the subscribers) enjoy both shower and bath products. If Lush tried doing two separate boxes, they would have to come up with twice as many products each month and then people would get major fomo for exclusive products. Many of us would not be able to afford two boxes each month. I can't imagine it would be profitable to them.

I really like the Kitchen box the way it it. I think it's a good mix of bath/shower/other products. And if I feel like I have too many shower gels and there's another one up for vote, I skip that month.

Yeah I totally agree on the price thing, I definitely couldn't afford 2 boxes, I would just chop and change. And don't get me wrong, I do like the box as is too. I just noticed that every month this complaint pops up. 

If the bath box contained like a soap, a bath bomb, a bath oil etc and the shower box had a shower oil, scrub and shower gel etc the special/suprise items could be a cream or something. Just an idea thats all! 

Lushieconfesses
Bathing Master

I strictly subscribe for the shower gels, everything else I sell off or trade.  I wish they would release a menu each month and make 5 products and post them on the Lush website for us to buy what we want and allow us to buy multiple items.  

I so agree with this, when I saw diamond dust I was so conflicted! I wanted to use it but it's perfect for my friend birthday too. Lucky it's going for a full release so I can get her one but your idea would be good too. They could limit people to the amount of items they can buy if they were worried about people buying them all up and selling on etc. 

Ame_Crab_2
Groovy Kind of Lushie

This seems good. An amount limit is a good idea too. Since you have to have a lush account to checkout, right?

FluffyBex
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I like the idea simply because I like choice 😀 If I’m not fussed by what is on offer then I skip, I figure it’s easier to say subscribed and skip if I don’t want the boxes, as long as I remember the key dates. I’m not worried about the loyalty aspect and personalised stuff, just thinking how to best use the money 😀

Nez9
Bathing Master

I like having both in my box! ❤️