cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Summer Blues bath bomb. I took a picture of mine

LushaLot
Groovy Kind of Lushie

EE7D981C-596E-49F2-B032-2A7780BC2274.jpeg

This is my pic from 17 years ago. This is the rarest product in this month’s group of products for voting. Lush has never remade this since it was originally sold in 2004. Not even in the previous incarnation of the Lush Kitchen like the other products. I pray it gets made 🙏🏼it’s been 17 years since i used one. 

Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Blue Mallow Flowers, Larkspur Flowers, Cornflower Petals, Rose Absolute, Orange Blossom Absolute, Lemongrass Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Colour 42045.

This is (was) a lovely powdery, Summer floral bath bomb available in the UK and in some NA gifts. Lots of pretty, tiny blue flower petals in this one. Summer Blues also turns the water a pale blue. It’s a fast dissolving fizzy bomb. It doesn’t have multi colored foamy bath art like some of the newer bomb, but it’s still absolutely lovely.❤️

Lush used to make a liquid bath oil called Dreaming of Summer and this was the precursor to Summer Blues bomb. I love having them together but if you don’t like bits in your bath (and on your skin if you use the bath oil with it.) then you can simply put the bomb in a pop sock or a kitchen seive, as just the smell and water color is worth it.

Lush Times Summer 2004 description: Drop this in the bath and you'll get a blue pond full of three kinds of blue flower petals, scented with soothing rose, calming and reviving orange blossom, relaxing jasmine and lemongrass to lift your spirits. It's like buying a ticket and hopping on the magic bus to a warm, summer garden. Float in a warm bath of flowers and you'll discover that the Summer Blues Bath Ballistic is one of the fastest ways to rid yourself of winter miseries.

8A671F29-4CCB-40FA-A034-5B27CD5F17A7.jpeg

5 Replies 5

Jon
Admin
Admin

@LushaLot Thanks for sharing that! This was very slightly before my time, so I have not had the pleasure of using one. Is the scent similar to any other Lush products? The combination of rose, orange blossom, Jasmine and Lemongrass are giving me real B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful vibes - Maybe a nod towards Love perfume?

bunnymama96
Ickle Lushie Bot

I voted for this one along with granny takes a dip and Grass shampoo bar. I'm a sucker for rare things 

Ame_Crab_2
Lushie

Good gosh, this was a blast from the past. Along with intergalactic, it's my aunt's favourite ballistic of all of Lush's (and before) history. She still has some of the Dreaming of summer bath oil that she holds on to for the scent. I would love this to return, and so would she. She buys the sub box so I know she's seen it. It's got my vote and I know it's got hers. 

unity
Handmade Hero

I remember this one.  it was quite delicate as I remember.  But new stuff was coming out thick and fast at the time, that I think it got submerged in all the new stuff 🙂 

Miarosi1967
Bathing Master

It sounds lovely!