cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the merch might be here to stay...

Doddiemae
Ickle Lushie Bot

Screenshot_20210407-113033_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-113047_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-113051_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-113054_Instagram.jpg

Hi everyone,

After seeing lots of posts about being disappointed with merch/swag in recent boxes (especially since its taken into consideration as part of the sub box price) I thought I'd let you all know that I've seen it may be here to stay....

Lush.scents has posted on Instagram a poll asking what merch people would like to see in future sub boxes. This includes a mug, fabric patch, and tote bags... And so far the votes actually look good! It's hard to say if these are all from kitchen subscribers or other lushies in general though.

Go take a look and let's hear your thoughts... Some stuff admittedly looks better / more practical than the last box, however it's not what I signed up for as part of the subscription. I like exclusive products that I can use, but swag type stuff I've never been much of a fan of - I've never been someone to buy into merch like novelty pajamas/pens/bedding/socks/cups etc. I would definitely appreciate bath /shower products more! That being said, every now and again as a little extra it could be a nice surprise. 

Tbh I think Lush is trying something new and trying to get a feel for which direction to go in... It seems they have listened in the past from other threads I've read, but this time seem to be missing it a little. 

1 Accepted Solution

Ginge
Bathing Master

I think this would be okay if they disclosed that the box would have swag. It could still be a surprise, but it would allow people who don’t want swag to skip a box. I wouldn’t want to see swag every month either.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

JurdQuik
Bathing Master

While the mug or a tote is inarguably better than a notebook/pencils/buttons (miss me with a cloth patch you will value at $10), these are not the items I subscribe for. Put them on the site, folks will snatch them up for sure-but the box needs to be usable, intriguing, valuable products. 

FluffyBex
Lushie

Voted no to all screens 

Sammiev1018
Bathing Master

I love the swag when it is just an extra gift in the boxes (like the sticker sheets or notebook!), but I dont want it taking up a whole slot in the box. I agree with people saying that if swag is going to be added as a slot in the box, then they need to change the description of the box. I do think knot wraps would be a cute swag item to toss in every now and then though, but maybe as something we can vote on.

KerriahValdis
Bath Submerger

I don't mind the idea of a mug so much but that looks rather plain, however I'd still use it, even though I'd probably need to wash it a thousand times to get the scents off XD
I wouldn't use a patch or a tote bag but that's just me, I like reusable bags just not in that style.

I would like to see things like tins for products we get though, or soap dishes, face masks or knot wraps, those kinds of thing would make sense 🙂

lush_obsessed_
Bath Submerger

I voted no on all of the products on the Instagram votes. I signed up purley for the body products.

If they want to give us a additional (usable) swag product that doesn't affect the contents of the box then I'm all for that, but if not I'd rather just have the body products. 

Ginge
Bathing Master

I think this would be okay if they disclosed that the box would have swag. It could still be a surprise, but it would allow people who don’t want swag to skip a box. I wouldn’t want to see swag every month either.

View solution in original post

Mandy
Bath Submerger

I completely agree, I think that would be a good way round it if they really wanted to put merch in there, let us know so people can skip if they don’t want it 

andromedatonks
Bathing Master

I personally like Lush swag, pins, mugs, tote bags, you name it. But I agree with some Lushies here: It would be better imho if Lush merch would be sold in stores or online instead of putting it into the Subscription Box. Also: It would be nice if this merch would be sold in other countries as well instead of making it a UK exclusive. Not every Lushie has the money to buy from the UK and paying shipping fees. Unfortunately.

Lushie since 2006. LOM and Tramp fan.
The Queen of Bats. Momma of the baby bat. The one with the black hearts.**