cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitchen Box Analysis

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Hi guys! The other day I made something and I thought it may be interesting to some of you. Basically, out of boredom (I've been on furlough for very very long 😝) and curiosity, I counted all the products that we voted on and that arrived in kitchen subscription box and made some charts. There's been a lot of discussion about how diverse the boxes are in terms of different kinds of products and I thought it may be cool to have some numbers.

Includes spoilers for latest box 🙂 Also, for clarity, the months on the left refer to when boxes are made. So latest box to arrive would be February and the latest vote would be March. I hope you enjoy it!

KitVote01.jpg

KitVote02.jpg

KitVote03.jpg

13 Replies 13

Ame_Crab_2
Lushie

Oh my Gosh! This is amazing. I can't even imagine the thought and effort that went into this. Crazy to see all of the statistics too. Well done!! : )

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

thank you 🙂 it was surprisingly a lot of fun!

If numbers and stats are your thing, you do you boo. : )

Rochelle
Bathing Master

thanks for sharing this. 

one question: what was your source for the votes you counted?  

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I didn't count the votes as I of course don't have that data, only people at Lush would know that. I counted what kind of products were up for vote and what arrived in the boxes. I used the cards that came with the boxes and I looked up all the menus online (this website, instagram, blogs) 🙂

thanks! I was confused because I had tried to predict what would be in boxes by tallying the votes that were posted on IG and that I saw in IG stories, which just showed me that those are not a good enough representation to indicate what will be in the box.  Will you be adding future boxes to your charts and graphs? 

Hi, Scottie has done this just to show people what percentage of  product types have been included so far. There's been lots of discussion about whether there should be more x, y or z, or there's been too much of certain product types. It's not to indictate what will be in future boxes, but just showing people how much of each product type we've had.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Yes, I will be adding future boxes as they come out but I probably won't be posting updated charts every month.

I tried counting votes on IG as well 😊 I found that they gave me a good idea of what's most and least popular on the menu but like you said, they didn't predict the box content accurately. 

LushBunny
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Wow that's awesome! Great work 👍 I love seeing the outcome on your charts. 

Caroline_244
Bathing Master

wow this is awesome, really interesting to see! thanks for sharing 🙂

Ladyoflush
Bathing Master

I love this 🙂 fair play to you, thank you for posting ♥️

Nicolaap
Groovy Kind of Lushie

This tells me we need a dusting powder soon 😀👍xx

Kai
Lush Team
Lush Team