MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

Spoilers Ahead

Read on to find out more.

≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥

≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥

≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥

≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥

Seeing as though I thought it was a Christmas in July box, going by the products up for vote, I'm quite surprised that there's a shampoo (rumoured to end up mainline), and an spf lotion in it. I will try them both out though, and I'm very happy that Ponche sg, Abombinaball bath bomb, and Australian Igloo (one of my favourite scrubs) made it in.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.
34 Replies 34

vicki3142
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I’ve just seen some spoilers and was like ohhhh when I saw the sunscreen but not sure on the scent the shampoo looks interesting too just wondering on what the scent will be like going to be a interesting box 

robert
Lushie

It’s not a shampoo bar but a liquid shampoo, almost exactly the same as I Love Juicy but with sea salt and self-preserving. (I’ve used mine today and it’s amazing!!!!!!!)

I love Ponche (250g 🤩🤩🤩🤩) & Abombinaball but again… I think the whole point of making the menu of 6 products instead of 9 should be that 4 of those would have to end up in the box so that only 2 of them wouldn’t win. The sunscreen lotion is only SPF10 which is literally useless… and everyone was so excited for the jelly 😞. They’re probably just trying to add variety but I don’t think it worked this time.

Also, no insert. 💔

Overall, it’s a really nice box with some refreshing scents for summer and of course it’s amazing value again. 

I hope for september they bring back Maypole body lotion and Don’t Rain on My Parade shower gel 🤞🏻😊

vicki3142
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Tbh I’m glad the shower jelly isn’t in it as I never use them but I know people do love them and it’s always hit and miss when u get the boxes I would like to see a box without a shower gel in as it seems to me that there always in there and I have about 6 gathering dust at the moment but I’ve never smelt ponche so hoping for good things as I know a lot of people love it 

Ponche smells really good! Let me know what you think when you get yours! 

About the shower gels, they did 2 boxes without any not so long ago, I think it was March & April.

MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

Yes you're right, and I'll be interested to see how it leaves my hair, and scalp feeling as I Love Juicy didn't leave either feeling good.

Metamorphabubbl
Ickle Lushie Bot

I wasn't going to peek but I was too weak to resist and I'm really pleased!

I voted for all three of the ones that made it in, seriously hyped for abominable.

I am over the moon about the SPF lotion as I mentioned a couple of months ago on another thread I'd love Lush to do something SPF or aftersun related.  

Can't wait to get my treats!

fawkes
Bathing Master

I'm really disapointed with this one, maybe even more so than the April box.

I'm annoyed that there's two surprise items, the whole point of having 6 menu items to vote on was so there would be less disappointment, and more of the voted items would make it into the box.

• I am happy about ponche, and i'm a bit neutral on the bath bomb (just because it's a single use item),

But i hate the surprise items.

• I have used the sunscreen and i remember it smelling horrible, like hummus and almond butter, which is such a heavy scent to be putting on your skin on a hot day anyways. plus it really doesn't offer any SPF protection at all.
  • The shampoo (which i'm guessing like all the 'new and exclusive' kitchen box products will end up being mainline within a month or two.... or seven days like the asos bath bomb!), seems to be a lot like BIG and scented like i Love Juicy, which only works for some hair types. If you don't have fine or oily hair this won't be good for you, and from what i've read its actually pretty drying even without all the added salt crystals.
  • Whilst the scent of the solid body scrub seems nice, this is the THIRD solid body scrub we've had in a row. I have SO many scrubs piled in my bathroom now it's just not interesting for me.

Definitely mourning the loss of the the GFB shower jelly not making it in the box this month, my votes were for the jelly, Ponche and the yog nog body lotion (i know we had a yog nog body milk last xmas, but the lotion was thiccc and actually had maple syrup in it!).

I know shower jellies aren't popular, even i don't normally go for them, but this was the most unique retro scent i've ever gotten from Lush and i'm crying! I'm just praying they'll make a Gold Frankincense and Beer shower gel that will actually make it into the box!!!!

Exactly!

It would make a lot more sense to get 4 products from the vote because at the end of the day those are the things that get us excited for a whole month until the boxes arrive. I’d be fine with the 5th product being the surprise (As long as it’s not something that’s going to be mainline 2 months later; I’d prefer a retro surprise over that tbh; and that’s why a lot of people are cancelling their subscription). 

In the latest Lush Times it says " A year after launching, the kitchen is looking for new ways to evolve., with brand new features coming soon, and opening up the lab doors a little wider to share the innovation experience more with the subscribers." So it will be interesting to see what that is all about.

Broon
Bath Submerger

Did they ever tell us why the vote was reduced from 9 to 6 items?

No they didn't tell us why, but the general consensus was that we'd stand a better chance of getting what we wanted with less products to vote on.

lushdan_
Bathing Master

I skipped this box. Interesting box but I don’t regret skipping. Ponche is decent sized. Something tells me that even if Ol’ Blue Skies wins the current vote it will be smaller bottle. I hope not

I’d be disappointed with the SPF lotion and 10 is dangerously low protection. Squeak looks interesting but can’t say I’m jumping for it and I’m not bothered about the bath bomb.

I’ll definitely be after the Australian Igloo sugar scrub on eBay.

vicki3142
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Tbh I’d rather skip the shower gel next month and would like the shampoo to be in it for a change I know this month there a shampoo scrub in there but by the looks of things it’s tiny and not so sure on the scent tbh 

It smells really good, just like I love juicy! Like a fresh smoothie 😊