cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on March Kitchen box?

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

***SPOILERS AHEAD*** Hi guys, I would love to know what everyone thinks about latest kitchen box? Mine just arrived today and I'm really happy that all three voted items were things I voted for.

I saw on another thread that a lot of people are not happy with Shaved Ice being included. I'm not thrilled either but I'll give it a go. At least it's a type of product we haven't had before in the boxes.

But how lovely is the sleepy journal! I knew my box felt weirdly heavy when it was delivered. I like how they included different kinds of pages inside (blank, lined, coloring). Also, when I finished unpacking the box I didn't realize I had left pencils at the bottom! Only found out about them after reading another comment on here. They are really cute too!

I was hoping for Yummy Mummy the most and I'm so pleased it made it. Although the scent is sweeter than I expected.

Smuggler's Soul seems nice, I like how fine the exfoliating bits are and that the scent is not strong (since it is a skincare item). If I find it's not suitable for my face (as I am quite careful with what I use on it), I'm sure I'll find some other use for it.

Smaragadine smells a bit different that I expected. It reminds me of Wizard bubble bar and Jingle Spells bath bomb from previous boxes. Anyone else?

I saw a lot of people getting a bit tired of Sleppy scent. I quite miss the bath oil tablets so I was pleased to see this one in the box. It goes with the journal!

Thanks for reading and please share your thoughts! (maybe let's not get into Shaved Ice too much since it's already hotly commented on in another thread by @manekineko )

PS what a great idea with the QR code and the videos!

19 Replies 19

MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

Hello, there's quite a few comments on this post about it https://community.lush.com/t5/Lush-Kitchen/March-Kitchen-Box-goodies-and-gripes/td-p/6137/page/3

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Thanks, I read through them all but I thought it may be nice to talk about more than Shaved Ice 😅 I barley saw anything about Smaragadine for example

The point of the thread was to discuss the box's contents. I think we really would have appreciated your contribution if you wanted to talk more about other products (never too late!). It seems like people aren't really talking all that much about this month's items because a lot of people are unhappy--I've noted several folks are returning their boxes outright.

MysticCharm
Lush Hottie

😂fair enough. As I said on that thread I wasn't impressed by this box, and it was my least favouite. I'm not a fan of Yummy Mummy, as my nose picks up on a weird undertone to it. Smuggler's Soul is no good for my sensitive facial skin, so I'll use it for something else. I like the bubble bath, but not mad on it, and the shaved ice is also o.k.

I also miss the bath oil tablets, and love the sleepy scent so I'm looking forward to trying that out. The journal, and pencils were nice, and I will use that alot.

```````Nothing is more memorable than a smell.

Doddiemae
Bath Submerger

This was my first box and I was so happy it included a sleepy product... Its my fave scent! Yummy mummy was 😘👌 and I loved that there was a bubble bath since its not something you can normally buy. And you're right the notepad and pencils are adorable! 

Greenfairie
Bathing Master

I  really like the smell of the bubble bath which is surprising as it's not normally a scent I would go for. I have put my sleepy bath oil next to my bed and I'm using it as an air fresher 😍 it smells so good. I really like that there are products I  havn't used before in the box and the journal is beautfull and a nice surprise. I'm excited to try it all. I think it's my favourite box so far. 

BlooLooMagoo
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I wasn't blown away as expected with this box for reasons I detailed in the other thread so I'll just leave that there and say that they did take in to account some people's suggestions and include some merch which is good. I know a lot of people will be happy to recieve the journal and pencils as an extra surprise.

hollyhb
Bathing Master

This was my first box. I was a little bit underwhelmed overall, but I still liked what I received. I have yet to try anything yet though. 

I love anything to do with skincare, so was super happy with the face scrub. 

I am pleasantly surprised by the scent of the bubble bath, as I thought I wouldn't like it but now I am eager to try it - especially, as I have never tried a Lush liquid bubble bath before! 

I also liked the bath oil, as sleepy is one of my favourite scents! Also liked the concept of the bath oil, and it was quite big too so can split it and get three uses I believe? I can't wait to use my sleepy bubble bar along with this and my shower gel! Perfect to relax after a long day at work. 

The body conditioner smells AMAZING and can't wait to try it, so happy this made it!

The shaving cream was my least favourite item, but I will definitely get use out of it. 

Can't wait for the Easter box now 😀

Kaleidoscope
Bath Submerger

My favourite product from this months box was Yummy Mummy body conditioner. I haven’t used this type of product before, and I was wondering if people usually use it instead of moisturiser or both?

I used Yummy Mummy in the shower this morning and didn’t moisturise after just to see how it felt. The scent has stayed on me all day which I love, and my skin still feels pretty soft.

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I personally use body conditioners instead of a lotion because my skin feels soft and moisturized enough when I use them in the shower 😊

But surely you can top it up with a lotion if you feel like it 😉

I agree I love body conditioners! For some reason using that in the shower is so easy compared to moisturiser when out... Plus they leave you super soft!

BlooLooMagoo
Groovy Kind of Lushie

Yes 🤗 I love body conditioners - wish there was more variety available in the mainline. I loved the naked ones too but looks like they've cut back on those too 😔

Scottie
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I loved the naked body conditioners too! They lasted longer, were easier to apply and felt a bit more moisturizing. I really wish there was more available all year round.

BlooLooMagoo
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I'd love one to go with every shower gel/body lotion - I'd buy them all 😁