cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Perfume gift sets

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I remember when i saw the perfume gift sets in Florence that i was absolutely flabergasted at the presentation, wishing they would release these world wide. And it looks like my wish i coming true! @the_lush_box on instagram posted these pictures just now so i thought i'd share!

5 gift sets in total

VOLUME 1: B-sides and Rarities contains Tuca Tuca, Cocktail, Bscent, 1000 kisses deep and Breath of God

Screenshot_20210412-195211_Instagram.jpg

VOLUME 2: Set in Stone contains Furze, Flower's Barrow, Devil's Nightcap, Sun and Sikkim girls

Screenshot_20210412-195219_Instagram.jpg

VOLUME 3: Death, Decay and Renewal contail Death and Decay, Dad's Garden: Chamomile and Honeysuckle, Kerbside Violet, Dear John and All Good Things

Screenshot_20210412-195229_Instagram.jpg

VOLUME 4: Samples Of Society contains What Would Love Do?, Tank Battle, Cardemom Coffee, Rentless and I'm Home.

Screenshot_20210412-195233_Instagram.jpg

LUSH Classics contains Dirty, Karma, Rose Jam, Pansy and Vanillary

Screenshot_20210412-195226_Instagram.jpg

Wich one is your favourite? Personally i love the darker, warmer scents so i LOVE Samples of Society, but because i have all 5 already i think i might go for either B-sides and Rarities or Set in Stone! 

  

#TeamGrannyTakesADip
1 Accepted Solution

that was AN AMAZING read, I really enjoyed reading all that, LOVE your descriptions and all the cool info. and back story, and thank you so much for taking the time to write it all ❤️

I'm actually more screwed than ever now though as there is one in each collection I like the sound of!! 

I LOVE cocktail, pansy, american cream except I don;t like the vanilla leftover of american cream when it dries down, I love sun too, karma, and I think now Volume 1 is the one for me! I'm going right back to the mall to the store haha 

apart from volume 1 I think I NEED to try out Furze, Tank Battle 100% and rentless, for starters 😄 bye bye money 

TYSM for the info. 😊🙌

View solution in original post

33 Replies 33

robert
Lushie

My favorite is Death, Decay and Renewal! 

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

That one is my 3rd choice! I do not own any of the perfumes but i'm not a huge fan of Dear John sadly so the vol 1 and 2 ones speak to me more!

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

FluffyBex
Lushie

Thank you so much for these! 🤩 I thought I had seen that there would be sets with different perfumes, then someone on live chat said there was one box with different designs but the contents were the same so then I doubted myself but now this reassures me otherwise! Excited! 😀

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

There used to be the Ballot Box that Mark released as a secret link! I do believe it was limited tho ^^

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

KimKarmaPolice
Bathing Master

Very tempted by Samples of Society! I already have the solid WWLD and a full bottle of I'm Home but I couldn't commit to full sizes of Cardamom Coffee & Rentless and never got to try Tank Battle... So might have to treat myself!

It's SO WORTH IT! Like i said the scents in that box are probably my favourites and if you like warmer/gourmand scents then it's amazing. Tank battle is quite polarising: it starts off with a realistic bubblegum note but as it dries down theres this damp soil scent that appears, alongside a kind of metalic vibe that reminds me of spraypaint. Super unique! I wear that one when i want to feel like an absolute BAMF!

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

daggergirl17
Lushie

I don't know what the scents all smell like! please help me guys! Like many of us I would wanna buy all of them 5 different sets but I don't know which one or two to go for, I won;t be going for classics as I've got full bottles of enough of those ones, so it;s a case of working out which other ones id really like! any scent descriptions welcome 🙂 

What do you like scent wise? Let me do a quick summary for you:

vol 1

Tuca Tuca: *haven't smelled* Violet, mimosa, lavender from what i could find

Cocktail: *same scent as wash that man right out of my hair showergel*. Light floral scent with a bit of herbacious lavender added. I'm not a fan of floral scents but this is a great one! Ho wood, jasmin, ylang, rose.

Bscent: To me this smells like a citrussy incense type of scent! Fennel, rose, jasmin and grapefruit

1000 kisses deep: Kind of a resinous peachy moment, lightly floral and dark. labdanum, Myrrh, Osmanthus

Breath of God: The most complex one of them. Opens very fresh and airy, and dries down brooding and woodsy. Inhale + exhale combined. Grapefruit, vetiver, sandalwood, black pepper, neroli, ylang,.... way more 😛

vol 2

Furze: Same scent as salted coconuts; a green fresh coconut! Neroli and mimosa

Flower's Barrow: Same scent as the bath oil with the same scent. A fresh, green and slightly sweet floral. Geranium, Rose, blackcurrent

Devil's nightcap: Oakmoss heaven! same scent as the discontinued soap. Oakmoss, Oakwood and orange flower

Sun: Refreshing, sheer and easy to wear citrus perfume. Not too fresh and not too sweet. Think and orange mixed with a lemon.  Also the only EdC concentration perfume that Lush sells! Brazilian orange, Sandalwood and mimosa

Sikkim Girls: Very strong Frangipani and Tuberose scent! Very heady! 

vol 3:

Death and Decay: Based on the asian tradition (don't remember exactly wich country) of using Ylang as a funeral flower and celebrating life. So mainly ylang with some jasmin, tonka and rose.

Dad's Garden Chamomile and honeysuckle: Well... Do i need to explain this one? lol. Mostly a sweet white floral honeysuckle scent with some notes of chamomile and lavender

Kerbside Violet: Green violets. So not Daddy-o candy like violet but very fresh and a bit dirty. Also has rosewood, ylang and jasmin in it.

Dear John: I believe this is supposed to remind you of a dad with some coffee and tobacco notes. has vetiver, coriander seed, clovebud and cedarwood in it.

All Good Thing: SMOKEY CADE! So warm and inviting, not suffocating at all but VERY smokey with a bit of sweetness on the drydown. Tonka, cade and cedarwood.

Vol 4:

WWLD?: Sheer, easy to wear lavender and grapefruit combo. Not a herbal lavender, but the floral aspect of it. Also has a warm resinous undertone

Tank Battle: One of my fave perfumes ever! Incase you don't know the story behind this: There was a 'homeless' guy who lived in an abandoned water tank and on one night Banksy, the spraypaint artist, Used his 'home' as a canvas. So overnight his home became art. Because he was homeless he got 'evicted' out of the tank as a huge war broke loose between the media and art critics, asking if it was art you can live in or a home turned art. A true 'tank battle'. In the End Banksy did give the guy his own appartment tho so a happy ending. Anyways the perfume represents this battle by opening with a bubblegum note created by clove and drying down to a damp soil with metalic notes (representing the spraypaint) made by patchouli and labdanum.

Cardamom Coffee: Inspired by refugee camps and the tradition of boiling cardemom to make 'coffee' out of it. Smells like powdered cocoa on my skin! Cocoa absolue, Oudh, oliveleaf and cardemom.

Rentless: When the guy in the Tank Battle story was asked how it felt to be homeless he responded 'i'm not homeless, i'm rentless.'. This perfume tries to encapsulate that minset with hippy patchouli, labdanum adn tonka creating a warm, sweet scent.

I'm Home: My first Lush perfume love! picture this: you've been out all day chopping wood during a cold autumn day. You come home to your log cabin all tired and get greeted by the scent of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that your spouse has made! You eat the still warm cookies with a glass of hot cocoa while sitting in your antique rockingchair infront of the fire (it literally smells like chocolate chip cookies in me but my skin brings out the vanilla's and sweet scents the most so results may differ). Cocoa absolue, vanilla, Benzoin.

Sorry for the long read but hope this helps 😉 

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

that was AN AMAZING read, I really enjoyed reading all that, LOVE your descriptions and all the cool info. and back story, and thank you so much for taking the time to write it all ❤️

I'm actually more screwed than ever now though as there is one in each collection I like the sound of!! 

I LOVE cocktail, pansy, american cream except I don;t like the vanilla leftover of american cream when it dries down, I love sun too, karma, and I think now Volume 1 is the one for me! I'm going right back to the mall to the store haha 

apart from volume 1 I think I NEED to try out Furze, Tank Battle 100% and rentless, for starters 😄 bye bye money 

TYSM for the info. 😊🙌

View solution in original post

You're very welcome! I love talking about prefume and describing scents so it's all my pleasure 😄 I also think Vol 1 or Vol 4 might be fore you! Vol 1 because it's more of the classic Lush scents people love, considering you Love Karma and i assume that style of Old School Lush i think it might be the safest option. Vol 4 because it's the softest set out of the bunch imo and it seems that you do mostly like softer scents. It is also more gourmand tho so if you don't like sweet things then i don't think you'll enjoy it as much. 

Let me know what you think once you've smelled them! 😄

#TeamGrannyTakesADip

I'm off to town today and hopefully I'm gonna get my sniff on, I've screenshotted vol1. And 4 😁

But what I mainly wanted to say was, I was spray painting my garden stones this insane copper yesterday, and not for the first time, and it smelled friggin great, like perfume, and it just brought me back to this conversation, and it made me well excited to smell tank battle!! I really hope I like it (hope the store has it!) 🤗

Defo a vote for Furze here, it is creamy, it definitely grew on me from the tester card as I wasn’t sure at first. I’m much more fond of this than vanillary now but I don’t want to return vanillary as I might “come back to it” (in the annoying scent cycle!) next winter! 

bunnymama96
Bath Submerger

Vol 1 3 and 4 for me! Even though I have some of those already, shame there's no grass in any of them. If I could I'd buy all the sets

penguin89
Bath Submerger

1 and 3 for me. Keen on Tuca Tuca  and Cocktail. I've run out of 1000 kisses as well. I have breath of god but its a scent I keep buying.

I'm also looking forward to death and decay and kerbside violet. Two scents I enjoyed as cheaper solids.

I don't like Sun, Sikkhim, Flowers barrow or Rentless so 2 and 4 are out. I also won't bother with classics I don't like Karma or Vanillary and have Dirty and Pansy already.

FluffyBex
Lushie

Hmmm, I want a box for the art work it’s gorgeous but I keep thinking about value for money. £90 for 50ml. If you love all the scents or all but one then great stuff. I think I would have liked to have seen themed boxes like on the website you get floral range or citrus range etc. I know these will be controversial comments. Maybe when I know more of the scents ... although some may say it’s a good way to try them. I get that ... but what if you don’t like 3 of them etc etc ...  pros and cons ...

I was thinking the same you know....price wise for 50ml, so I think best to suss out which scent 'packs' I like as a majority (id need to like 4) might be better off just buying a 30ml bottle of 2 or 3 from the full price range for a similar cost if you happened to love that many for example 

If those scents are available as 30ml! And that’s the issue isn’t it, so many of them are only available as 100ml now. Grassroots is the same scent as charity pot apparently. It’s a shame that neither KIF or TMH/THBAO were in any of the sets, I can’t wait to try all the perfumes at the weekend. Wanna try Flowers Barrow, Dads Garden, Superworld Unknown, TMH, B scent and HH. I’m worried I may love HH, the

price is bad!  I’ll have to “study” the website Friday night in preparation for my visit!

🤪😂🤩

Yes exactly, I can't personally see a point in even buying a perfume that's 100ml or more, not because I'm trying to hold onto my pennies but purely because it takes me ages to get through even 30ml bottles And i do use them daily, but also it's way too much fun to have different scents at different times so why would I even wanna commit to such a huge bottle? 

Also they're too big to carry in one's bag. 

That's interesting about grassroots! 

I have a charity pot but it's from a year ago so dyu know if the scent of charity pot has always been the same? 

I passively tried B scent and liked it (I think) and couldn't really smell superworld unknown, going back soon to give it another go 😂🤗

Let's catch up next week once weve binged can't wait to hear what your thoughts are ☺️

YsorandomxP
Groovy Kind of Lushie

I indeed think it's more of a collectible item/nice gift for your perfume lover friend. Personally i like that it's based on the volumes of gorilla perfume but i can see why you would want themed ones like the boxed ones that were on the site not too long ago (rennaisance, regeneration and the other one that contained 4x15ml ones)

#TeamGrannyTakesADip